Application deadline for submission is September 16, 2022
Meaning “together on the land” in Anishinaabemowin (Ojibwe), Aki-aadiziwin is a Reconciliation and Land Stewardship Program that aims to connect Indigenous and Non-Indigenous youth through meaningful engagement.
DATE: October 7, 8 & 9, 2022
LOCATION: Camp Kawartha, Peterborough, Ontario
ORGANIZERS: Rotary Districts 7070 & 7010, HIP & Tracks Youth Program
INFORMATION: This event will host 50 youth (25 Indigenous & 25 Non-Indigenous) between the grades of 9 to 12.
This three day programs will provide participants with traditional Indigenous teachings from Elders and Knowledge Keepers within the Williams Treaty Territory. Youth will learn:
- Understanding treaties
- Harvesting local foods & medicines
- Local Indigenous culture & heritage
Events have limited capacity. You are encouraged to submit your application of interest as early as possible.
In general, all youth applying should demonstrated leadership potential within their communities. Most successful candidates demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership experience or potential
- A cooperative nature and willingness to participate in a group
- An awareness of current events and international issues
- Good performance in school or work
- Enthusiasm for sharing newfound skills with others
HIP is an equal opportunity organization; we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Applications must be received prior to September 16, 2022
Please note that the submission of this application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. In the case of an oversubscription, all applications will be reviewed and a final selection made by the organizing committee.
You will not be able to save this form. Before filling out the application, ensure you have the following information prepared:
- Personal reference contact information ((someone we can contact to find out more about you – a teacher or someone you work with – not a friend or family member).
- NOTE: Email reference letters to email@example.com
- Short essay or multimedia submission (TikTok/Youtube video) letting us know why you are interested in participating in this event.